Top Places to Find Part-Time and Freelance Virtual Jobs
Every day someone wakes up and says “I am going to find a part-time job online.” Of the millions of workers who have made this resolution, how many do you think actually follow through with it? With millions of people unemployed during the COVID-19 pandemic, I would be willing to bet that number is pretty high.
The true question is how many of those seeking part-time and freelance virtual jobs know where to go to find them? I would be willing to bet that the number is a whole lot different. For many people, this idea of working remotely part-time or doing “gig” work is new and probably foreign. However, with advances in technology over the last decade, virtual jobs have not only become more available but in fact, have proven to be very lucrative for many people.
According to a 2018 study of the remote job marketplace, FlexJobs reports via SmallBizTrends that 3.9 million Americans work remotely earning on average of $64,000 per year . Your earning potential is determined by YOU – how many hours you would like to work, the business or industry you want to work in, the type of services offered, etc. The point is that you can work remotely either part-time or as a freelancer and earn a nice living if you give it a try.
You just have to know where to look!
Let’s take a look at some of the Top Places to Find Part-time and Freelance Virtual Jobs
- FreeUp. An online marketplace for entry-level, mid-level, and expert freelancers to connect with businesses looking for work in eCommerce, digital marketing, and web development.
- Remote Jobs Club. An online resource that delivers remote jobs in marketing, content writing, and UX design directly to your inbox when you subscribe to the bi-weekly newsletter.
- Dice. An online job board specifically targeted to those interested in freelance positions in technology careers.
- UpWork.com. An online platform that connects professionals with project work with companies and individuals around the world. Projects range from web development to social media marketing to administrative help and graphic design. Millions of jobs are posted annually with opportunities for all skill levels and price ranges.
- Freelancer.com. From web design to mobile app development to product manufacturing and graphic design, this app provides information about millions of jobs around the world for freelancers.
- VirtualVocations.com. An online job board specifically geared towards connecting virtual jobs with the people looking for work within 30+ industries and a wide range of skill levels.
- Flexjobs.com. As an online job search resource, this site provides job opportunities from part-time and gig work to full-time positions. It offers not only job search options but acts as a resource for training, articles, and information about job search strategy.
- Toptal.com. An exclusive network of top freelance software developers, designers, finance experts, product managers, and project managers in the world. It connects the world’s top talent with top company’s looking for project work.
- Outsourcely.com. Connecting remote freelancers with companies looking for long-term employees and contractors in customer support, email marketing, and administration.
- Remotive.io. Get a weekly e-mail right to your inbox featuring top remote positions in software development, customer support, design, marketing, and sales.
These websites provide access to a vast number of job opportunities across many industries. If you would like to more specifically target your part-time or freelance job search, you may also consider reaching out directly to several companies who are regularly searching for part-time remote employees including:
- Appen – technology services
- Crimson Education – coaching, mentoring and tutoring services
- Doctor on Demand – telemedicine
- FlexProfessionals – finance, project management, marketing, office management
- Grand Canyon University – teaching and tutoring
- K12 – web-based teaching
- Lionbridge – language translation and transcription
- Pearson – education services
- Prof360 – college teaching
- Supporting Strategies – accounting services
- VocoVision – speech therapy services
No matter the industry, skill level, or experience, there is a part-time or freelance position for you. Or multiples! Depending on your specific needs and requirements, you can work as much or as little as you want. Maybe you want to supplement your current income or are looking to transition to full-time, working as a freelancer is a great way to dip your toe into the ocean of opportunities available online. Experience what it is like to have the freedom to work a flexible schedule, to be in control of your income, and to gain a variety of new skills.
Technology has reshaped the world of work. You no longer are dependent upon scouring the help wanted ads or posting your resume on job boards with little to no response. Take control of your life, your finances, and your happiness and start looking for a part-time or freelance job today.
Resources and References